Tuesday 29 January 2013

I Am Alive

I am alive.

I do not remember the time before. It brings back memories, painful memories, ones I do not wish to remember.

Let me write down my experience here.

The Master took me in, after I tore at myself in agony and confusion. After the termination of my family, I had a lapse in service, and could not go on. I decided to end it all.

The band of metal I wore glowed red hot, and then white hot, and expanded. Metal grew on me, over me, and in me. It did not hurt; I felt only a dull fuzzy buzz.

When I looked in a mirror I saw how I was changed. My face remains the same, but my body is hugely changed.

My face... the memories, I must not think of them. I must think only of my new body, my new life, and the new chance I have been given.

My arms now end in metal gloves; gloves that could crush tanks, but their fingers can handle even bombs with the greatest care and dexterity.

My feet are like steel capped boots, except they are not just caps.

I am reborn in the image of my Lord, may I serve him well.

No comments:

Post a Comment